At Libratel Inc. we respect our client's privacy. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy in all business operations.
Why do we collect personal information?
As a Libratel Inc. client you are asked to provide certain pieces of information to provide you with the best possible service. As a result, Libratel Inc. has some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes. Specifically it is collected:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relation-ship with you and to provide you with reliable, proper and timely client service. Keeping accurate and detailed records goes a long way to achieving this goal. For example, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and credit history. We collect information so that we can keep an accurate account of your transactions and accurately bill and collect for the products and services that you receive from us. We may collect credit card or bank account information, if you prefer the convenience of pre-authorized payment for services. We also track handset information so that the warranties you are entitled to are properly applied to your account.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at how our clients' use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.
- Periodically, we may collect additional information or reconfirm the information contained in our records from time to time when:
- You voluntarily participate in a Libratel Inc. promotion, special offer, contest or survey.
- You request information about certain Libratel Inc. products and services.
When do we disclose personal information?
Libratel Inc. is committed to the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal information. Personal information collected by us is not sold, leased or otherwise used or disclosed outside the Libratel Inc. family of companies and Libratel Inc. partners, except as outlined in this brochure.
It may be disclosed from time to time for Libratel Inc.'s legitimate business purposes or in compliance with the Law. There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our clients. Here are some examples:
- We may disclose a client's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgement of Libratel Inc., is seeking the information as an agent of the client. For example, we may provide information about a client's account to the client's legal representative if we are satisfied that that individual is requesting the information on behalf of the client.
- We may disclose a client's personal information to:
- a company or individual employed by Libratel Inc. to perform functions;
- an agent used by Libratel Inc. to evaluate the client's credit worthiness or to collect the client's account.
- Subject to applicable CRTC regulations, we may disclose a client's personal information to a credit reporting agency.
- We may disclose a client's personal information to a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in the reasonable judgement of Libratel Inc., it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information. If a client calls 911, we will provide the client's name, address and telephone number to the emergency agency.
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may disclose clients' personal information to our program partners, or to third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or programs. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis.
- Libratel Inc. uses pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage our online advertising. These GIF files are provided by our ad management partner DoubleClick. These files enable DoubleClick to recognize a unique cookie on your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our web site. The cookie was placed by us, or by another advertiser who works with DoubleClick. With both cookies and Spotlight technology, the information that we collect and share in anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, Libratel Inc.:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to- date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
How can you access your personal information and be assured it is accurate?
You may at any time request access in writing to your personal information. Upon payment of a minor administrative fee, we will provide you a copy of your personal information we have on file. Libratel Inc. strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information, however this cannot be achieved without your help. In this ongoing effort, we ask you to provide us with your most up to date information. Write to us and let us know of any personal information that is incomplete or inaccurate, no longer current or relevant. It will be our pleasure to make appropriate modifications. To obtain a copy of your personal information or to notify us in writing of any changes you may wish us to bring to your file, please send your request to:
23 Railside Road.
What do you do if you have a concern? If you are not entirely satisfied with the way we processed your request for changes or if you have any concern regarding our management of your personal information, please write to the above address.
Libratel Inc.'s Privacy Officer will respond within 30 days of receiving your inquiry in writing.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, we want you to know that you do have choices:
- You may have your name removed from selected telephone, mail or e-mail lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- Our directory publishers make available lists of published names, addresses and phone numbers to selected organizations for a fee. You may choose to be excluded from these lists (non-published names, addresses and phone numbers are automatically excluded).
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.